Collecting. Collection.

Thursday 19 January 2012

Last week I decided I was going to start collecting Hornsea pottery. I'd seen some online & was about to buy when ma said she'd seen one just like it in an antique shop. I know they are kind of hideous (but that is why I kind of like them). So, I bought the big Flour one for £10 in an antique shop, then the next day I saw 4 other pieces (actually 6 as there were matching egg cups which I thought would be a little far) in a charity shop at super bargain prices. I just had to buy it - ALL. Well, now I feel I have enough of it. So that is the start & end of my collection I spose... for now anyway.

I bought these lovely vintage heels in an antique shop in Ashburton, I don't need them, but they are cute, & made in England, & they fit me perfectly. So it's probably fate?

 RM & I made a rainbow cake. Just because. Then we had to eat it all.
Wow, it's a little to early for a blog post! Today I am off to Chagfood to help pick leeks & other such things, check out the photo blog I do.
Have a wonderful day :)

2 comments

  1. Hi Izz, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm loving reading about your creative adventures and the idyllic west country life you seem to have with your friendly boy. Hornsea pottery reminds of my childhood, I think everyone in my family had it; there's probably some knocking around in my Mum & Dad's garage, will have to have a look next time I'm there...

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.