Why Are Pirates Called Pirates?

Tuesday 7 August 2012


Last Saturday we had a 'Nautical Knowlesfest' at our family house in Devon. It was pretty fun to say the least. Lots of glitter, face paints, food, dancing, frivolity, music, lots & lots of rum & only some rain.
Rob spent all week making props to hang about the garden & his costume. I was pretty chocka-block with sewing all last week so when it got to the day of the party my costume was merely a kids leotard I bought from the recycling centre, a massive bag of sequins & a rather hideous 80s hat.

I started sewing on the sequins by hand whilst watching The Life Aquatic, but I ended up going mad so I bodged it a little by doing it on the machine. Not the neatest, but less maddening. I then glue gunned a lot of fake little rubber fish to the hat, along with some old fishing net we dragged off the beach in Cornwall. Hey presto, a costume. (After covering myself in blue face paint & glitter & back combing my hair of course).


The party was such a blast. & I just can't wait for the next one. The house feels terribly quite now everyone has gone home. I have a lot to distract me though with my A/W collection, of which I will be sharing some tasters later this week :)

We set up a photo booth in the tipi so we could get some photos of everyone dressed up. It's the first time we've done this at a party but so glad we did! Here are some of my favs, perhaps I am bias, as it is my sis Harry wearing some bloomers I made & Susie looking stunning in my Battenberg dress. (Also, a funny pic of Rob & I)


I hope everyone had a lovely weekend too :)

6 comments

  1. Next time around I'd like your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very nice but silly - I think the same when I look at your lovely house & things on your blog. Hah.

      Delete
  2. Man this looks fun. Love the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think making the costumes is always my fav part!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! This looks so fun and creative. That hat is perfect for the event and the map-shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of paint & a glue gun can create any weird & wonderful costumes :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.