Studio Sunday: Collars.

Sunday 12 August 2012

This weekend in my studio I have been working more on my A/W collection. I am trying to create a more diverse collection. I find myself stuck to pretty dresses with full skirts & snazzy prints. Don't get me wrong, I love those types of dresses, but I want to have a more choice & substance to my garments, especially when it comes to A/W, as we all need something practical & warm that we can wear in different ways.

For this particular dress I have been experimenting with organic cotton denim. It has a beautiful weight - not to thick, a little bit of stretch & a great rich red colour.


This is the basic shape of the dress - it will end up a simple, but elegant & wearable shift dress. However, I am adding a collar, because I love collars, & I want to add something to make it stand out & feel special.


Here are some samples & testers of collars. I was playing around with embroidery, it really adds the detail that I have been craving.
 

Which one is your favorite? I just can't decide!

PS: I wasted about an hour & a half earlier faffing about with HTML to make some little buttons (on the left). So, I finally figured it out & I hope they work. If you wanna grab one for your blog feel free :)

23 comments

  1. 2 and 3 are my favorites, but I like style number two the most. It's the most classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely number 2! It's so distinctive and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 3 all the way!

    these look gorgeous so far, i love the simple shape of the dress, and the collars are the best! definitley inspired me to experiment with collars and adding more detail :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta be three! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Thanks for the buttons...hoping to find someplace to use one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 and 3 are my favourites. Such a beautful colour. Thanks for the email, will give you a reply asap tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like numbers 1 and 3! Very cute.

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 and 4 in that order. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 then 3 are my fav. Love your clothing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1&3 are divine as well as super sharp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love option no 3 !
    Good luck from Isreal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my favourite is number 3. It's difficult to decide though!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how exciting with the new collection! The dress looks really nice :) I think I would like collar number 2 or 4 best :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fave is actually #4. It is so chic and simple, and would look so wonderful on almost any dress.
    LOVE these!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those collars are actually so cute :) I love collared dresses. My fave is number 4,I think :).

    Rachael xx.

    http://theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. love them all, i think 3 or 4 are my favourite. simple is good.

    hope you had a nice time in italy, i cant wait to go sometime but putting up with the uk weather for now :)

    Barnicles x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I can already tell, these are going to be fantastic! My favorites are 3 and 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love 2 and 3! Their so simple and beautiful! I love your style and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Number 1 is definitely my favorite! If collars could be open-hearted, this one would definitely be one great open-hearted collar. On the other hand, if you aim for a more "serious" dress, number 4 is plain, simple and elegant. I guess it all comes down on what kind of feeling you want your dress to inspire!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.